EBAI-SightLife Cornea Distribution System
A joint project of the Eye Bank Association of India and SightLife to provide a platform for distribution of tissues in excess of local demands
- Ensure all optical tissues find a needy recipient
- Provide tissues that have met healthcare quality standards in eye banking
- Maximize utilization of transplantable tissues after offering to local community
- Provide access to tissues to corneal patients/ surgeons across the country
- Ensure fair and equitable distribution of tissues based on medical standard
- Provide acceptable cost support to concerned eye bank based HOTA provision
- Have transparent processes for matching tissues
- Dedicated team supporting process Monday- Saturday
- All policies recommended by three committees - Steering Committee, Distribution Committee, Surgeon Advisory Committee - which included corneal surgeons, eye bank executives and board members and subject matter experts
- Medical policies include prioritization of tissue requests (emergency, child, bilateral, etc), standardization in contraindications and tissue evaluation, standardizing approval of tissue usage
- Distribution of tissues is prioritized on the basis of patient information and request time
- Mandatory standardization in contraindications and tissue evaluation for all eye banks distributing tissues through CDS
- Commitment of eye banks to community distribution first
- Request-based system for distribution of tissues. All surgeons have to submit request in advance (attached Request Form for reference)
- Standard processing charges for all eye banks allowed as per HOTA Act.
- All optical tissues are in intermediate-term storage media
How can a corneal surgeon join EBAI-SL CDS System?
- Training in cornea department or fellowship in cornea
- Mandatory HOTA certificate for transplant centre
- Submission of Corneal Surgeon Database Form
- Call CDS @ 8800855517,or write to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call EBAI at (040)23545454 for more details.
How CDS works?